Jesus. Where do the New York Jets go from here?
Earlier today, the team announced that Santonio Holmes will miss the rest of the season, and will undergo surgery to fix something in his left foot. The Jets are also without Darrelle Revis, who tore his ACL two weeks ago. He’s gone for a year.
Arguably (well, it’s pretty obvious), these are the Jets’ two best players. And, now, they’re gone. Essentially forever. It’s not forever forever, but it’s a whole year. Do you know how long a year is in sports? Do you know what that does to any franchise, and especially one in New York City, where demand for success is sky-high and scrutiny is raccoon rabid?
Penn State is in a better position than the New York Jets.
Can they survive? Are the hopes for a playoff position completely eradicated?
Rex Ryan was, perhaps, already on thin ice, even though he’s a fine coach. As Stephen A. Smith would say, “He can ball.”
You have – yeah, “He” has to be mentioned – Tim Tebow. You have Mark Sanchez. Neither can play quarterback.
All of a sudden, you have a roster of players without merit and without pop. There’s no crackle. In the case of both Santonio and Revis, it’s SNAP.
And, how ironic is this headline: “Jets hold out hope that Darrelle Revis can return for Super Bowl”?
The New York Jets are done. Finito. They’re an anal wart on the AFC East.
At least, that’s what it looks like… can the Jets prove us wrong?
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 3 hours ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 4 hours ago
- Lindy Ruff. Marc Crawford? Guy Boucher, or Dallas Eakins. Who's the frontrunner for the Vancouver Canucks' head... fb.me/AcPnbUiW 4 hours ago
- We agree. It's hysterical. Alain Vigneault is gone and Patrick Roy is in Colorado, which could mean both teams... fb.me/1JlgIE5xW 4 hours ago
- Counting down - or up - the Best CBC Hockey Night in Canada Montages Ever:... fb.me/N1ZnEy9F 4 hours ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.