Don’t worry. This boat only cost $10 million.
Sorry for that “WE ARE THE 99 PER CENT!”-like intro. On Tuesday, Team USA capsized in what is a now-much-talked-about and spectacular crash in San Francisco Bay. Unfortunately — and, as with most waterborne crashed that occur during practice runs — we only have footage of the wreckage and its Titanic-like final breath.
(*A final breath in boat speak is when the hull and mast finally crack in the water and the damn thing submerges like a Blue Whale after a near-fatal attack from a seagull.)
Team USA was preparing for its run in next year’s 2013 America’s Cup. They are the defending champions. They also couldn’t have picked a better spot to wreck — right between the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. (*Ironically, more suicides have occurred at the Bridge.)
Next year’s America’s Cup kicks off on September 7.
Team USA said they will be well prepped for the event, even though this particular AC72 Catamaran was only one of their two boats.
Apparently, homeboy and his crew were trying to turn away from a 12 mph wind that was blowing off the San Fran coast. And, no, it wasn’t caused by a queef from Sean Parker.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup ow.ly/2wXhxC 5 days ago
- Top 11: The Biggest Superstar Sports Stars to Ever Play in Vancouver, Canada ow.ly/2wX9TB 5 days ago
- In honour of David Beckham, we present the 11 Greatest Superstar Stars of Sports to Ever Play in Vancouver:... fb.me/19Yt4FVpW 5 days ago
- Can anyone tell us what Raffi Torres did wrong?... fb.me/Bt8T5vsM 5 days ago
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup wp.me/p2YaL5-MM 5 days ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.