The Boston Red Sox introduced their
old pitching coach new manager, John Farrell, on Tuesday morning, ushering in a new era of prosperity and a return to being the Yankees of Massachusetts who think they’re better than the Yankees of New York.
(*The funny thing? Only the first half of that was a joke.)
Only a few days removed from leaving his internship with the Toronto Blue Jays, Farrell appeared in that famed navy blue cap with that Red R, a bastion of Irish Catholic blue collared-ness and a reminder of how evil the play “No No Nanette” was.
“Thanks and gratitude to the Toronto Blue Jays, things might not have always worked out the way we planned but I will forever be indebted,” said Big John. “The two years I spent there were invaluable.”
Oh, and don’t worry, Toronto. He understands.
“I appreciate the anger, that means there is passion from the fan base.”
Congrats, Blue Jays fans. He knows you really exist.
“But, I take exception to the thought that there was no intention to fulfill my contract.”
Honestly, John, are you surprised?
This is no different than a little kid forking and staring at his broccoli with a frown who then runs away from the table in a fit of glee when his parents tell him, “That’s okay, dear. You don’t have to eat that.”
So, again… congrats, Toronto. You’re John Farrell’s broccoli.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 18 hours ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 18 hours ago
- Lindy Ruff. Marc Crawford? Guy Boucher, or Dallas Eakins. Who's the frontrunner for the Vancouver Canucks' head... fb.me/AcPnbUiW 18 hours ago
- We agree. It's hysterical. Alain Vigneault is gone and Patrick Roy is in Colorado, which could mean both teams... fb.me/1JlgIE5xW 18 hours ago
- Counting down - or up - the Best CBC Hockey Night in Canada Montages Ever:... fb.me/N1ZnEy9F 18 hours ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.