We won’t try and sugar coat this or make it sound more attractive than it really is. 5 Bold Predictions? Over/Under? No thanks.
1. Buster Posey hits a home run
His rather average postseason considered, Buster Posey has the distinction of being the only 14-year-old to hit a Grand Slam in this year’s postseason. That one came against the Cincinnati Reds. You may remember it. It effectively ended that series. Look for Posey to mash one out of the park tonight… and then probably go cold for Games 4-7.
2. Detroit Wins
While we’ve been behind San Francisco — and the National League — for over two weeks, the Detroit Tigers CAN NOT let this thing become a do-or-die in Games 4, or 5, or 6, or 7.
(*Okay, so it already is do-or-die, but there’s no way the Tigers dig themselves any deeper right now without being forced to relocate to Windsor.)
This team is better than the Yankees, or the Athletics, or the Orioles, so you can’t apply the same fates to them or compare them to those clubs. You also can’t compare the Giants to the Tigers as so many were, because the Reds and St. Louis Cardinals are both better than the Yankees or the Athletics.
REASON: They can all hit.
Tigers win, 6-3.
3. Bruce Bochy gets ejected
It would just be fun to see.
4. Prince Fielder hits a home run…
… or gets thrown out at home again, moving a (generous) 2 MPH.
5. FOX begins its pre-game montage with the Tigers bust at Comerica Park
Comerica is already a jewel in the thick, bogey-filled rough that is downtown Detroit. The ballpark is all you can point your cameras at without making the viewers think Miguel Cabrera will get shot by Mekhi Pfifer’s character from 8 Mile.
No. They’ll hug those tigers, and hug them tight.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup ow.ly/2wXhxC 6 days ago
- Top 11: The Biggest Superstar Sports Stars to Ever Play in Vancouver, Canada ow.ly/2wX9TB 6 days ago
- In honour of David Beckham, we present the 11 Greatest Superstar Stars of Sports to Ever Play in Vancouver:... fb.me/19Yt4FVpW 6 days ago
- Can anyone tell us what Raffi Torres did wrong?... fb.me/Bt8T5vsM 6 days ago
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup wp.me/p2YaL5-MM 6 days ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.