“I’m sorry for what happened, and I can guarantee this will not happen again in my career,” he said, as if the act just passively committed itself. “It’s a lesson I’ve learned, and one I will never commit again.”
“It’s a word without a meaning,” he said, of maricon. Oh, but wait, it actually does have a meaning. It means “faggot”.
You know, when Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds came under hot water for using the English form of the word in a game last year, nobody denied its offensiveness or its meaning. Nobody distanced themselves from what he did, or tried to deny that it happened, or that it always happens. They admitted that it was used often, and their seemed to be a general understanding that the game of hockey had a naturally homophobic underbelly that needed to be fixed.
Was it glazed over? Yes. Was it handled properly? Probably not. But, nobody tried to fool the guys asking the questions, or the audience they were serving. Nobody was that dumb.
Oh, good. Thanks for clearing that up.
Escobar continued with his excuses, all of which rang hollow. None of which stuck.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup ow.ly/2wXhxC 5 days ago
- Top 11: The Biggest Superstar Sports Stars to Ever Play in Vancouver, Canada ow.ly/2wX9TB 5 days ago
- In honour of David Beckham, we present the 11 Greatest Superstar Stars of Sports to Ever Play in Vancouver:... fb.me/19Yt4FVpW 5 days ago
- Can anyone tell us what Raffi Torres did wrong?... fb.me/Bt8T5vsM 5 days ago
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup wp.me/p2YaL5-MM 5 days ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.