This is Banchory, Scotland. It’s where the Feugh River meets the River Dee, and we’re almost certain you can’t pronounce either of those correctly. Apparently, in 1966, there was a railway.
No, Harry Potter isn’t from here. (That was a lazy joke, wasn’t it?) But, Pete Cashmore was. The Internet Playboy. The Scottish Mottish. (What?) The World’s Coolest Geek. Yes, Mashable and everything it entails began in Banchory in 2005, as a shi*ty site from a ba*tardy basement.
Cashmore started blogging because he could do it in bed. And, he liked it. Ay, if only masturbation paid that well.
He’s the man we all want to be. He’s the Internet’s success story, and Scotland’s, too. He’s proof that you no longer need to be in Hollywood to be Hollywood. He has said that his status as an outsider is what made him. It’s what made Mashable.
Pete Cashmore is the coolest dude on Twitter, and on his own site.
Have you ever been to Banchory? Do you want to now?
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Could Mumford & Sons Get Any More Loveable? - by Turner Lavoie Haight-Ashbury Correspondent, White Cover Magazine ... ow.ly/2x9VVG 5 hours ago
- Could Mumford & Sons Get Any More Loveable? wp.me/p2YaL5-N4 5 hours ago
- I want it to be sunny. And I want to live all day in a Bud Light Lime commercial. 7 hours ago
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 1 day ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 1 day ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.