*SPOILER: Don’t read below if you haven’t seen The Dark Knight Rises. Okay? I warned you… I absolve all blame. Treat this like the movie’s Wikipedia page.
What is it with Marion Cotillard, the damsel in distress who can always fend for yourself in nearly every good movie you’ve seen since 2008?
You don’t remember her from Big Fish, do you? You probably didn’t know who she was until she won Best Actress for La Vie en Rose, and even then you forgot about her until a couple years later, when she tore the roof off Public Enemies, was the only good part of Nine, made the villain desirable in Inception, and stole everyone’s heart in Midnight in Paris.
The accent, the hair, the eyes. It’s all there. And, now, she’s turned some obscure character named Miranda Tate into the only thing that competes with Catwoman’s legs in The Dark Knight Rises. She’s there for filler, but she steals scenes and eyes. It’s easy to see why Bruce Wayne never saw her coming – or her bad side. It’s easy to see why Christopher Nolan keeps coming to her for these roles, and why he hopefully won’t stop.
There’s something about Marion Cotillard… she’s viral to the flesh and the brain, and the heart follows closely behind.
Every time she appears on screen – whether it’s in DiCaprio’s dream, or 1920′s France, or Gotham City – you can’t help but feel as lost for words as Owen Wilson’s character, Gil Pender, did in Midnight in Paris:
“That girl was so… lovely.”
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Could Mumford & Sons Get Any More Loveable? wp.me/p2YaL5-N4 20 minutes ago
- I want it to be sunny. And I want to live all day in a Bud Light Lime commercial. 2 hours ago
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 21 hours ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 22 hours ago
- Lindy Ruff. Marc Crawford? Guy Boucher, or Dallas Eakins. Who's the frontrunner for the Vancouver Canucks' head... fb.me/AcPnbUiW 22 hours ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.