This is how you know Congress is old: they’re not worried about the fashion, but only where it’s from. And so, today, as it was announced to those geezers in the white buildings of Washington who say they want to take back Washington that Ralph Lauren’s new Olympic swag was made in China, their grey hair was offset by their furious, ruby faces. They got angry.
While the rest of us wouldn’t bat an eyelash to know that most of our clothes are made in some outskirt province of China or somewhere else in the developing (come on, it’s undeveloped) world, Congress is made up of those guys and gals who are still so, Oh my Gosh, shocked that clothes come from somewhere else.
It’s not that big of a deal anymore, guys. The Cold War is over. China makes your sh*t and Russia has McDonald’s now.
These old timers are used to driving Lincolns, Fords, and Cadillacs, while the rest of us have realized that, Dude, gas is a lot of cheaper if you’re turning Japanese. When Mitt Romney bragged about how his wife drives Cadillacs right from the heart of Motor City, most of us went, “Oh… yea, all right.” We no longer equate Hyundai with, “Those guys who did Pearl Harbor.”
Maybe that’s why this headline actually exists:
Of course, when we saw the United States’ Ralph Lauren-designed entrance garb, we were offended at how Mr. Polo wanted to turn the U.S. athletic team into his own army of beret-wearing ninnies, but we’re young and shallow, so… we’re into clothes and hair.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup ow.ly/2wXhxC 2 days ago
- Top 11: The Biggest Superstar Sports Stars to Ever Play in Vancouver, Canada ow.ly/2wX9TB 2 days ago
- In honour of David Beckham, we present the 11 Greatest Superstar Stars of Sports to Ever Play in Vancouver:... fb.me/19Yt4FVpW 2 days ago
- Can anyone tell us what Raffi Torres did wrong?... fb.me/Bt8T5vsM 2 days ago
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup wp.me/p2YaL5-MM 2 days ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.