Baseball’s All-Star Game is great. It’s the only ASG of all the major sports that is actually called “the ASG.” It always comes down to the wire. It really does have an effect on the season, as the winning League gets home field advantage in the World Series. That would help a little more if baseball’s playoffs weren’t the equivalent of Plinko. And, besides the above video, the promos are generally pretty dope.
And yet, everyone seems to find ways to whine about it.
Honestly, in any sport, what’s the bigger pastime: the All-Star game, or the annual whining over and about the All-Star Game.
Football and hockey are plagued by athletes with no interest. Yea, well, why are you hosting the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, then? Basketball is egotistical and ego-exploded. And, baseball… well, from what we’ve heard today, there’s just a whole lot wrong with it.
George Brett has a problem with each team having an All-Star. Steve Van Pelt then talked about it all day. Keith Olbermann Tweeted about how the “ASG” and its home field advantage rule doesn’t do anything for anybody.
It seems like people just like to complain about these things. Why they do, who knows?
Football and hockey’s issues make sense. The games are so pathetic, they’ve reverted to gimmicks and tricks to try and draw fans in. The NFL has changed the Pro Bowl’s date countless times. The NHL has chosen to pick captains and let them draft their All-Stars. That was exciting for a season. Now, it’s just a chance for James Duthie to host something comedic.
Listen, just watch baseball’s “ASG.” Watch the Home Run Derby, and hope that your best player doesn’t win it, because winners of the Home Run Derby are curses. Watch the game, and cheer for the National League, because they never really win it.
Just enjoy the damn thing. And, if you can’t enjoy it, shut up and let the rest of us watch.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 15 hours ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 15 hours ago
- Lindy Ruff. Marc Crawford? Guy Boucher, or Dallas Eakins. Who's the frontrunner for the Vancouver Canucks' head... fb.me/AcPnbUiW 15 hours ago
- We agree. It's hysterical. Alain Vigneault is gone and Patrick Roy is in Colorado, which could mean both teams... fb.me/1JlgIE5xW 15 hours ago
- Counting down - or up - the Best CBC Hockey Night in Canada Montages Ever:... fb.me/N1ZnEy9F 15 hours ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.