|(Photo: Lowell Spinners)|
Today was one of those days where news created news for the sake of news. And, by for the sake of news, we mean page views, profits, and pandemonium. It’s all fine and well, as long as your readers understand the terms of the hostage situation you’ve locked them in.
The Huffington Post posted something about how Stephen Harper had called Calgary the best city in Canada, and how he was receiving public flack from the 75% of the national population who lacked understanding of a central lobe. Their title was, “Is it deserved?” on their Facebook page. Really, HuffPo? Was that deserved? We realize you’re desperate to hate the man because he’s a conservative politician and your goal is to pretend that AOL doesn’t make money, but that seems like a stretch.
Meanwhile, everyone else deciphered last night’s MLB All-Star Game, and ESPN aired the ESPYs, which is like their own tribute to themselves. Imagine the Oscars had their own channel, and that they had founded the awards show after founding the station.
But then, in a surprise twist, it was actually Sportsnet with the day’s only truly viably interesting news break: Tyler Seguin will be speed dating, and he’s accepting applications.
The fella with the cropped haircut and a knack for large bottles of vodka (all in due tolerance) will be hitting an old woman’s last resort in Loewell Mass. on August 15, and Sportsnet.ca’s Luke Fox was all over it. If you don’t know Lowell, it’s where Christian Bale did crack in The Fighter.
(*NOTE: We’re not being sarcastic. This is awesome.)
Read the full meal deal here:
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 3 hours ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 3 hours ago
- Lindy Ruff. Marc Crawford? Guy Boucher, or Dallas Eakins. Who's the frontrunner for the Vancouver Canucks' head... fb.me/AcPnbUiW 3 hours ago
- We agree. It's hysterical. Alain Vigneault is gone and Patrick Roy is in Colorado, which could mean both teams... fb.me/1JlgIE5xW 3 hours ago
- Counting down - or up - the Best CBC Hockey Night in Canada Montages Ever:... fb.me/N1ZnEy9F 3 hours ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.