We hear Jeremy Lin is mad at the Knicks. Jeremy Lin laughed about it. Actually, he said “LOL.”
The New York Daily News reported from “a league source” (which, on that point, can professionals finally start taking a cue from high school journalists and use actual sources, please?) that Lin was upset at the Knicks for not offering him a higher contract before the Houston Rockets offered him a humungous big contract, at $28.8 million over four years.
Besides Lin’s assumed full-bellied laughter over this perhaps faux report (remember, he said, “LOL”), there are a few other reasons to believe that the New York Daily News crocked this one up from the bottom of their dingleberries.
First, it makes no sense. Lin’s a smart guy – a student of the game and a student of Harvard – and he’s not dumb enough to believe that the Knicks would have upped their own offer without another one being on the table.
Hey, I love The Godfather, but I’ll still stream it for free if I can.
Second, the story came from the Daily News, which means it has as much validity as your son does saying he didn’t take a cookie before dinner. They also gave the worst Lin pun yet: “Lin-sulted.”
Lastly… listen, this is Jeremy Lin. This is the most subdued, mature athlete the NBA has seen for a long time. He’s not a member of your immature mafia. You know, the one dominated by Melo, Dwightmare, and CP3.
Jeremy Lin doesn’t care about the schoolyard jealousy or who’s dating who. Jeremy Lin – from everything we’ve seen – is concerned about Jeremy Lin, and we mean that in a good way.
This report reads like nothing more than a cheap attempt by the Daily News to suck him into their cruel and shallow web, only the fly has seen the spider.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- I want it to be sunny. And I want to live all day in a Bud Light Lime commercial. 14 minutes ago
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 20 hours ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 20 hours ago
- Lindy Ruff. Marc Crawford? Guy Boucher, or Dallas Eakins. Who's the frontrunner for the Vancouver Canucks' head... fb.me/AcPnbUiW 20 hours ago
- We agree. It's hysterical. Alain Vigneault is gone and Patrick Roy is in Colorado, which could mean both teams... fb.me/1JlgIE5xW 20 hours ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.