Okay, maybe not completely, entirely, split-right-down-the-middle “even,” but it was pretty close. Look at this stat line, and see for yourself.
This is what happens when one team goes down and then realizes their backs are against the wall and that they have to win to stay alive. And then, this is what happens when the other team who was originally leading realizes the same thing when they go down.
The Thrilla’ in Ukrainian Manilla.
*Stats according to TheScore.ca iPhone app:
Ball Possession % 50 50
Shots (on Goal) 12 (8) 15 (9)
Corner Kicks 3 3
Crosses 18 18
Fouls Committed 14 10
Yellow Cards 3 1
Red Cards 0 0
Offsides 0 0
Good thing England gets Rooney back, because most teams who play even with Sweden aren’t winning the Euros.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup ow.ly/2wXhxC 2 days ago
- Top 11: The Biggest Superstar Sports Stars to Ever Play in Vancouver, Canada ow.ly/2wX9TB 2 days ago
- In honour of David Beckham, we present the 11 Greatest Superstar Stars of Sports to Ever Play in Vancouver:... fb.me/19Yt4FVpW 2 days ago
- Can anyone tell us what Raffi Torres did wrong?... fb.me/Bt8T5vsM 2 days ago
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup wp.me/p2YaL5-MM 2 days ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.