If you were wondering what Ben Affleck looked like in a beard and a toupee (right?), then Argo is for you. If you are Canadian and you want to know more about one of your country’s proudest secrets, then you’ll like it, too.
Hell, if you like good stories put together by one of the Hollywood’s best directors (shockingly, really, since we all thought Ben Affleck was, like, kind of a tool), then you’ll love Argo.
We think. We haven’t seen it. We’ve just seen the trailer. But, it looks pretty good.
Argo was the fake movie that the United States government put together to help six American hostages escape from Iran in 1979, and it was the Canadians who housed the “prisoners” during the whole ordeal.
Us Canadians. Only we can defend Americans from Cuba and Iran and still be allowed to travel there.
Only we can build lasting relationships in tropical countries or deserts, because we don’t have any of them.
Here’s Argo, featuring the song Dream On in its first starring role:
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Could Mumford & Sons Get Any More Loveable? - by Turner Lavoie Haight-Ashbury Correspondent, White Cover Magazine ... ow.ly/2x9VVG 4 hours ago
- Could Mumford & Sons Get Any More Loveable? wp.me/p2YaL5-N4 5 hours ago
- I want it to be sunny. And I want to live all day in a Bud Light Lime commercial. 6 hours ago
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 1 day ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 1 day ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.