|Tigger. (Photo “courtesy” of USA Today)|
Holy crap, does it ever get tougher? Year-in-year-out, we can talk about how impossible the SEC is to win. Even today, as LSU looks set to make it to the BCS Championship – because they’ve beaten every major challenger in the NCAA – they have to face the Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship. Georgia is no pushover, as the 14th-ranked team in the country with a record of 7-1.
Crap, man… if they win, you could anoint LSU as the national champions, immediately after this game! Forget the BCS controversy, you don’t even need to play the game! LSU has already beaten Oregon in Week 1, Alabama on November 5, and Arkansas last weekend. Every time they’ve been challenged – and succeeded – it only gets tougher to keep going. Your new challenger is newer, fresher, and motivated to crush you.
It’s like getting out of the NHL’s Western Conference… you can make your way to the Cup Final, but will you have anything left? We often talk about the toughest divisions and weakest divisions in each sports. The AFC North is tough this year, the AFC East tough almost every year… same goes for the NFC North and, on occasion, the NFC South. How about the NHL’s Central, Pacific, or Northeast Divisions? The Atlantic Division is no easy task, either. Baseball is notable for having divisions stickier than sandpaper, because only four teams make the playoffs from each League. The AL East is annually a wild ride, with one or two of Tampa, New York and Boston (and now, Toronto) being able to make it.
With all due respect… you can bow to the SEC. They’ve won four of the last five BCS Championships, and one of them will take it again this year.
Y’all got nothin’ on them.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Are the Ottawa Senators Really Canada's Team? Well, They Better Be ow.ly/2x8K1G 1 hour ago
- What say you, Canada... Are the Ottawa Senators your team, or is it too late to ask?... fb.me/1aiwsAWEJ 1 hour ago
- Lindy Ruff. Marc Crawford? Guy Boucher, or Dallas Eakins. Who's the frontrunner for the Vancouver Canucks' head... fb.me/AcPnbUiW 1 hour ago
- We agree. It's hysterical. Alain Vigneault is gone and Patrick Roy is in Colorado, which could mean both teams... fb.me/1JlgIE5xW 2 hours ago
- Counting down - or up - the Best CBC Hockey Night in Canada Montages Ever:... fb.me/N1ZnEy9F 2 hours ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.