|Am I the only one surprised when I hear that a guy with a name like, “Claude Giroux” isn’t from Quebec? (Photo “courtesy” of NHLSnipers.com)|
Before 2008, you would have been more likely to hear, “Claude Giroux, Esquire.”
Because, frankly, if we were as shallow and pretentious as we normally were, it would be shocking to see Claude Giroux‘s name on the Hart Trophy at season’s end – even if he completely deserved it. The guy who skates funny, shoots awkwardly, and always looks like he has the puck on a string (and not in a good way) is currently the best two-way player in the NHL (yes, take notice Mr. Datsyuk and Madame Toews).
Not only that, but he also just won TSN’s award for the best Movember mustache. The only man in North America with a better duster was Kolby Solinsky.
With 31 points, he’s one off Phil Kessel for the NHL’s points lead. With 14 goals, he’s two off Steven Stamkos and said Kessel for the NHL’s scoring lead.
And, more than that, he dominates games like nobody else does – at least right now. He plays the power play, the penalty kill and (most important) even strength. He scores big goals (like the overtime winner he potted tonight) and he’s the most likely player of any on the willing and able Philadelphia Flyers team he plays for to make an end-to-end, game-ending rush for a thrilling notch on his belt.
That’s right… Claude Giroux, MVP.
White Cover Staff
White Cover Magazine is the "foremost" source for "male" and "female" things in the world today. Kind of. We have Sports. Movies. Arts. (What are Arts?) Television. Music. And, of course, a critical look at everything in the world of Journalism, Sports Journalism, and News at large.
Popular on Facebook
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup ow.ly/2wXhxC 6 days ago
- Top 11: The Biggest Superstar Sports Stars to Ever Play in Vancouver, Canada ow.ly/2wX9TB 6 days ago
- In honour of David Beckham, we present the 11 Greatest Superstar Stars of Sports to Ever Play in Vancouver:... fb.me/19Yt4FVpW 6 days ago
- Can anyone tell us what Raffi Torres did wrong?... fb.me/Bt8T5vsM 6 days ago
- Thursday's NHL Stars: Raffi Torres, Mike Gillis, and the Calder Cup wp.me/p2YaL5-MM 6 days ago
Add Widgets (Tertiary Sidebar)
This is your Tertiary Sidebar. Edit this content that appears here in the widgets panel by adding or removing widgets in the Tertiary Sidebar area.